We know it can be a daunting task to find the right product at the right time. This is why SGT is here to support you. We have worldwide offices that allow us to deliver a full range of quality products and services at your doorstep.
Within an organization, supply chain/procurement plays an extremely important role. It is a method of purchasing goods or services from chosen suppliers cost-effectively. Procurement processes and procedures differ between companies, with a significant concern in the procurement cycle being factors such as delivery periods, product quality, and profit margins.
The process continues with the procurement department establishing contact with suitable vendors and deciding on conditions to attain the best possible cost of purchasing on behalf of the company. It initiates Requests For Proposals (RFP) when an organization has a demand for a particular product or service, either by a direct agreement or a head-to-head sale.
A traditional method of procurement involves:
- Identification of the demands of consumers and services
- Discovery of suppliers and pre qualifying them for our nature of business
- Requesting quotations/proposals (RFQ/RFP)
- Negotiating with sellers
- Agreeing with manufacturers on conditions
- Products/services arrangement and receipt
- Carrying out quality assurance
- Results and margins analytics